Sligar and Associates is a small, independent Australian-based consultancy in the energy field. It concentrates on the transition towards the electric power system in 2050, considering the technologies necessary for continued profitable development of the industry. It has been active since 1989 with projects being executed in Australia, Japan, Malaysia, Thailand, South Africa and the USA.
Dr Noel John Sligar is the Director with more than 50 years in the industry. He was previously Chief Scientist with Pacific Power, the then largest electric utility in Australia. He has the following qualifications: BE (chem), M Eng Sc, PhD, DE (hon), FAICD.
Dr John Sligar is or has been associated with the following projects/organisations:
- APEC Experts Group on clean fossil energy
- CSIRO Energy sector advisory committee
- Engineers Australia National Committee on Fuel and Energy
- Sydney 2000 Olympic Games Energy Committee
- ISO Standards committee for ISO 15117
- Australian Standards committee MN1/2
- University of Sydney, Warren Centre